The Lime & Violet Knit Along!

Fans of the Lime and Violet Podcast can show their colors with Lisa Souza Lime & Violet sock yarn. The projects are as varied as Lime & Violet's audience -- the common thread is the awesome yarn.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Finally got my Jaywalkers done!



I cast on my LimeNViolet yarn many, many times. I tried a few different patterns, and then settled (decided) on the Jaywalkers. I finally changed the pattern to be a 6 stitch repeat and ended up with a wonderful pair of socks that actually fit me!

Here they are in progress... and then magically done!

More on http://outinthewoods.typepad.com/woolyeyes

I have more of this yarn! I didn't use up an entire skein on this pair, I usually like a shorter sock and I have small feet, but I purchased 3 skeins, so I will definitely be checking out some other patterns. But this is my first Jaywalker, and I'm pleased to have used this yarn for it! I've already worn them a few times! Lovely!

11 Comments:

  • At 6:18 PM, Blogger Andrea said…

    Fantastic!!!

     
  • At 7:31 PM, Anonymous kathleen said…

    Your jaywalkers are great. I'm working on the same pattern, but am only about 3 inches into the first sock. I cast on 84, but it's looking a little big and I hate the thought of frogging. Did you change your cast on count or just the pattern count? Thanks.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Anonymous kathleen said…

    Your jaywalkers are great. I'm working on the same pattern, but am only about 3 inches into the first sock. I cast on 84, but it's looking a little big and I hate the thought of frogging. Did you change your cast on count or just the pattern count? Thanks.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Tawana said…

    Very cute! That was the pattern I had finally decided on after waffling back and forth on this and the Broadripple pattern. At least I have an idea of how my socks will come out. I am casting on for it now.

     
  • At 5:37 AM, Blogger onceupon said…

    Those turned out fantastic! I have't seen many Jaywalkers that incorporate that much white (and party in the middle) and I really like how these look.

     
  • At 5:53 AM, Blogger Kathy said…

    Kathleen - You don't have a link - but I'm updating the post with what I did to the pattern!

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Miss Shine said…

    They look amazing. I'm almost convinced to do (another pair of) JWs from the L&V yarn...

    ...But then I think there must be other good varigated non lacy sock patterns out there... somewhere?

     
  • At 8:09 AM, Anonymous angelia said…

    Beautiful!! I'm working on Jaywalkers, too--the pattern really sets off the colorway well!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Michelle said…

    Fun! NOw I need to start mine!!!!

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Blogger alliesw said…

    Your jaywalkers look great--I am havig a problem with mine--they will be too small for me! I was in denial until I had finished the cuff, but now it is clear! I think I will have to frog and cast on with more stitches--oh the agony! Or else I need to find a smaller/narrower footed friend who can appreciate the wildness of Lime and Violet!

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Miss Lime said…

    I'm finally getting caught up with blogs and projects, etc. The jaywalkers look fantastic! I love them! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home