The Lime & Violet Knit Along!

Fans of the Lime and Violet Podcast can show their colors with Lisa Souza Lime & Violet sock yarn. The projects are as varied as Lime & Violet's audience -- the common thread is the awesome yarn.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Houston, we have yarn!

Lo and behold....

Could it be....


Yes we have yarn!

Well, it didn't turn out anything like I expected.

The lime colored picture on the top is what I -wanted- but unfortunately the fiber didn't draft like I needed it to so we go to the 2nd picture spun much thicker than I really planned. So a lace shawl is out, but perhaps not all lace. I have a pattern for thistle, a green plant that has a purple flower that might just work. We will see.....

Now for the small amount of lime yarn....I think a tiny sock is in its future ;)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM, Blogger onceupon said…

    That looks awesome, even though it turned out thicker than you originally planned. I am LOVING the barberpole effects.

     
  • At 5:25 PM, Blogger EllenSpn said…

    My concern is that the barberpole will obliterate the lace pattern. I admit, the pattern is ambitious.... It is the thistle pattern from Marianne Kinzel's 2nd patterns for Lace Knitting book.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home