The Lime & Violet Knit Along!

Fans of the Lime and Violet Podcast can show their colors with Lisa Souza Lime & Violet sock yarn. The projects are as varied as Lime & Violet's audience -- the common thread is the awesome yarn.

Friday, October 27, 2006

my project for the KAL




I have become fixated on shawls and this is my second one ( the first was in off white cotton) This is my also my second lace pattern. I am really pleased with the way yarn is forming diagonal stripes which are easier to see since I have knitted 3 or so more inches since I took this picture.

6 Comments:

  • At 10:04 PM, Blogger Alliesw said…

    That does look pretty--what pattern are you using?

     
  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Pointywillowsticks said…

    Very pretty. I am also interested in the pattern.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Bev Love said…

    Is that the Tamarah Shawl from Knitty? I started it and due to lack of experience could not get past row 17. I did not understand how to apply the pattern repeat rules. I am a relatively new knitter and I have never done lace, so it was a bit beyond me. If this is the Tamarah Shawl, could you possibly e-mail me a little help on how the pattern repeat rules apply from row 18 on? Thanks.
    Bev
    paletpc at mindspring dot com

     
  • At 7:29 AM, Blogger Elizabeth Metz said…

    oh, that came out GORGEOUS thusfar!

    *squeeee!*

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger Miss Lime said…

    I second Miss V's "squee!"

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Marthacelia said…

    I am sorry to be gone so long; I have been laid up, nothing serious, just annoying. In any case this is from a book called EXQUISITE LITTLE KNITS and called Jewel tone wrap. It is not a difficult pattern once the rhythm (sp?) is extablished, but at the beginning there were a lot of false starts. What fasinates me is that the designer states "because the staggered, openwork sti orents the kntted fabir is one direction aqnd the is reverse midway to slant the other way, special shaping isn't need. the shawl naturally knits up into a perfect V Shape" Iris Schreier. I am almost to the middle and will start the "magic v shape soon. I am really pleased w/ this so far.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home